CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT AND ETHICS
The guidelines outlined in this code are mandatory and, as such, shall be known, respected, and enforced at all times.
Our purpose is to manufacture oleochemical products of natural origin, with a minimum environmental impact. Through hard work, honesty, and respect, we want to become a reference in the supply of oleochemicals for the industry in general.
Our aims are:
- The satisfaction of our customers. To be always attentive to every particular requirement and expectation; improving quality, maintaining great flexibility, and providing personalized service.
- The wellbeing of all the members of Materia Hnos. S.A.C.I.F. To this end, we provide resources for the improvement of infrastructure, security, and knowledge and we try to ensure the development and continuity of our company.
- The mutually beneficial business relationships with our suppliers and customers. We work to promote communication and to encourage development.
- The social responsibility. In our community, we aim at having a favorable impact, taking care of the environment, implementing improvements, and collaborating socially.
All of us are responsible for honoring the aims of MATERIA HNOS and for making all the appropriate efforts to ensure that our standards of conduct are always followed.
For us, it is essential to maintain our reputation and the relationship of trust with all the people and entities we work with.
The selection of our suppliers is based on objective criteria, taking into account the quality, reliability, price, utility, performance, or service. Both customers and suppliers are treated fairly, equitably, and honestly.
LABOR STANDARDS AND HUMAN RIGHTS
The company, as well as the Board of Directors, Management, Chiefs, Middle Management and Supervisors, shall be responsible for introducing, enforcing, and communicating this Code of Business Conduct and Ethics for Customers and Suppliersand all their internal and external collaborators (agency and/or subcontracted employees working on-site if any).
HUMAN RIGHTS- IDENTIFICATION OF STAKEHOLDERS- ANALYSIS OF POSSIBLE IMPACTS- EFFECTIVE REMEDIATION (See Document "Analysis of possible impacts of identified stakeholders").
The company is committed to promote and respect the internationally recognized human rights mentioned in this Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (Universal Declaration of Human Rights of the United Nations) ensuring not to be involved with human rights abuses and measuring the impacts (direct, indirect and potential) among its Stakeholders (owners of the organization, employees, suppliers, customers, competitors, financial institutions and social environment). In case of non-compliance with human rights, the company must address these issues and enable effective remediation.
The company declares, under the different municipal authorizations granted by the enforcement authorities, to have full use of the land (free, prior, and informed consent - FPIC) or portion of land where the employees are located.
Our Labor Practices are:
- Employment will be freely chosen - Prohibition of forced labor
- Regular employment will be provided
- Hygiene, safety, and environmental conditions
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining shall be respected
- No child labor shall be used
- Migrant Labor
- A living wage shall be paid
- Working hours shall not be excessive
- There shall be no discrimination, harassment, and/or labor abuse or punishment